Diana Banana Pancakes

June 5, 2006

Filed under: Uncategorized — dianabananapancakes @ 11:35 am

Ian is sick today (Monday) so I’m staying home. Thank goodness I had Wed. and thursday off already because I work this weekend, so I just asked to trade Wed. for today and its all good. But, it also sucks cause I have only 1 day off in a row, and it seems I can never get stuff done with only 1 day off in a row, and even then I still had to wake up at 4:30 this morning and will have to do the same thing on Thursday, to work my part time job at home. Bleh. At least its only a couple of hours, but HELLO, who wants to wake up at 4:30 in the morning? lol.

I got called at work on Friday by Ian’s daycare, they said he was having chills and goosebumps and had a fever of 101.3 and wanted me to pick him up. It takes me almost an hour to get there, so I called my step-mom who works in Ravenswood and asked if she had time to pick him up, she did and so she picked him up. That night his fever dropped to 99.2 when he had Tylenol in him, and would go up to a high of 102.5 when it was close to time for another dose. So went the night. He took a 3 hour nap from the time my step-mom got him till we got home. I tried to feed him dinner, but he took 3 bites and didn’t want anymore, would hardly drink anything, but I kept pushing him to. He said he had a headache and was crying from it, checked his fever it was back up to 102, gave him Tylenol and put him to bed. Ian was supposed to have a T-ball game (the last game of the season) on Saturday at noon. He got up at 6:30 a.m. saying he had a headache and crying because his throat was hurting when he coughed. I checked the temp, 101.6, gave him his Tylenol, and tried to give him breakfast which he refused to eat. His fever was still up and down and he wouldn’t eat, so I was thinking he couldn’t play because he’d need to eat first for his energy. He would drink, but not too much. Checked his temp at 10:30 am, it was 101.4, so I gave him some Tylenol and called the coach and my parents to warn he might not be able to play. Checked it again at 11:30 am (1 hr after I gave him the Tylenol) and it said 103.2, so I grabbed the other thermometer and checked it, and it said 102.9, again this was an hour after his Tylenol, it went up, so I decided to take him to the ER.

My step-mom called before that to see if Ian would be playing so they know whether or not to go to the game, and I told her about him not eating and the fever and what she thought…and she said “I don’t know, you’re the mom”. Sheesh…when I don’t ask for her help or advice, she makes SURE to let me know what SHE would do, but when I fucking ask for it, its always “I don’t know” ALWAYS, never fails. That shit doesn’t make sense to me. So, I called Country Boy, he has a kid, lol, but he said that is a department he’s not familiar with, but thought he read somewhere for kids if the fever is over 101 or 102 that they should get checked out. I tried calling other friends I have that are single parents and no answer (it being Saturday and all), so I went to the internet and read what Country Boy said he read, and it said 102, so I took Ian to the ER. They took his temp there and it was 102.5, so they gave him Motrin. They told me Tylenol is good for low grade fevers, but Motrin is better for the higher fevers. An hour after they gave him the Motrin he was down to 99.2 and he was up and playing around, not seeming sick at all, and saying he was hungry. They showed me he had blisters on his throat, but they didn’t do a strep screen, even though they said he could have strep. The put him as bronchitis, and said they were giving him antibiotic prescription to cover both strep AND bronchitis. So, we got the prescription and were on our way to the hospital cafeteria. I work at the hospital I took him to (hello full coverage, no co-pays), and so I showed him the office where I work and he thought it was cool cause I had lots of pics of him on my desk, haha.

After lunch we went to the pharmacy and there was a Big Lots across the street – 1 hr wait at the pharmacy, I told them I’d be back, we went to Big Lots. This is one I’d never been to a bigger one than our small town…and they had a scrapbook section. The one in our town SUCKS, but on the 2peas forum there are always people saying and showing off the neat things they find at their BL, and when I go there is crap and nothing new, lol. So, I was loving it because they had lots of fun little things, metal embellishments, lots of goodies that I picked up. Check it all out! All the metal embellishments were $1. I also found these magnet containers that were $5 each. Yeah, I was happy, lol. Got Ian’s medicine, went to DQ to get him a DQ slushee thing and me a Moolate, lol. love that stuff.

Home we went, and Ian was fine until about 6 pm, then he wouldn’t eat dinner, and was crying every time he coughed and such…turns out the area around his blisters is now reddened, a lot more than when he was at the doctor’s office, he wouldn’t eat and had a fever, so I gave him his second dose of Motrin and antibiotics and he fell asleep around 7:30-ish. He woke up early Sunday morning again crying with headache and fever and sore throat, so more medicine, and that pretty much happened all day. He hadn’t had a fever since about 2 Sunday afternoon, but would only drink cold cold water, eat ice chips or chicken broth, nothing else. HE was saying he was hungry, but wouldn’t eat, poor thing. I even got a children’s chloraseptic and it didn’t help long enough for him to eat. Poor kid wouldn’t even swallow his own saliva, he’d spit it out instead. Finaly around 6 pm he said he felt better and wanted to try to eat, so I made him chicken soup with the little ABC noodles, lol, and he ate it all, noodles, pieces of chicken, this one also had veggies and he ate the carrots at least, and he even asked for jello for dessert, so I gave him some and he ate it and was feeling better. But, this morning, sore throat again, wouldn’t eat breakfast, but no fever. He’s also coughing and looks like he has blisters on his lip, almost like fever blisters, which I do get, so wonder if he is getting that problem? Anyway, so I decided to trade days off and stay home with him 1 more day to be safe.

I did get some downsizing/decluttering done….not as much as I hoped, but enough that I’m happy, and now having today off, hopefully I can get more done and maybe get some pics printed so I can do some scrapping with my new goodies.

Have a great day everyone!


1 Comment »

  1. I hope Ian is feeling better. Give him hugs for me.

    Comment by Anonymous — June 5, 2006 @ 5:53 pm | Reply

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: